Substance Abuse Counselor
A career at Prelude Behavioral Services is an opportunity to have an impact on individuals, families, and our community. Every employee plays an integral role in ensuring a positive recovery experience for our patients.
We have positions available for a certified or licensed Substance Abuse Counselor in both our Des Moines and Iowa City location. The Counselor will:
- Provide substance abuse treatment to clients through individual, group and/or family counseling sessions and development of case plans.
- Provide continuity of treatment to clients returning to the community from institutions.
- Complete appropriate evaluations on clients discharged from treatment.
- Perform periodic review of goals and objectives and prepares written summary of client progress.
- Coordinate client and outreach activities within agency and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain client records per agency standards and completes all required forms as specified by agency policy.
- Complete online and paper form data reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Service, Social Work, Psychology or related field. In addition, a CADC or an independent license (LISW, LMSW, LMHC or LMFT) is required. One year of experience, preferably in the substance abuse field is desired. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are looking for a professional, mission driven, and team oriented work environment, we invite you to apply!
Apply on our careers page at www.preludeiowa.org