IBC Training Series: Essentials in Counseling
IBC is offering a training series designed for new (and more seasoned) professionals. The series will cover a wide variety of topics. The series is offered in its entirety or as individual sessions, so you are not obligated to attend all of the sessions.
This series can benefit a wide variety of helping professionals and is not just for counselors focused on substance use disorders. In attendance at previous sessions were: substance, developmental disability, and MH counselors; patient support staff, peer supports, criminal justice professionals, nursing staff, physicians, social workers, and teachers. Although the content is aimed toward professionals just starting out, any and all professionals are welcome who may want to brush up, expand, or explore their skills in a certain area. Click Read more for details.
Each session will be offered in the IBC office as well as through Zoom.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Training completed.
- ASAM Guidelines and Treatment Planning: Outlining appropriate treatment impact and direction.
January 15, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
January 25, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form
- Professional Boundaries: Establishing the professional relationship and avoiding dual relationships.
February 5, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
February 8, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form
- Group Facilitation: Skills to lead, facilitate, and manage group conditions in different treatment environments.
March 5, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
March 22, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form
- Documentation: Information sharing, storage, and maintenance.
April 2, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
April 19, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form
- Helping Individuals with Substance Use Disorders: Exploring the culture, progression, and evolution of substance use disorders and treatment.
May 7, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
May 31, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form