IBC Training Series: Essentials in Counseling
IBC is offering a training series designed for new (and more seasoned) professionals. The series will cover a wide variety of topics. The series is offered in its entirety or as individual sessions, so you are not obligated to attend all of the sessions.
This series can benefit a wide variety of helping professionals and is not just for counselors focused on substance use disorders. In attendance at previous sessions were: substance, developmental disability, and MH counselors; patient support staff, peer supports, criminal justice professionals, nursing staff, physicians, social workers, and teachers. Although the content is aimed toward professionals just starting out, any and all professionals are welcome who may want to brush up, expand, or explore their skills in a certain area.
All sessions are offered in-person…select sessions will be offered by Zoom Meeting.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Identifying areas of strength and need from the first meeting through the last. SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 6, 2018 FROM 1:00-4:15 IN THE IBC OFFICE AS WELL AS THROUGH ZOOM. DOWNLOAD A REGISTRATION FORM.
- ASAM Guidelines and Treatment Planning: Outlining appropriate treatment impact and direction.
- Professional Boundaries: Establishing the professional relationship and avoiding dual relationships.
- Group Facilitation: Skills to lead, facilitate, and manage group conditions in different treatment environments.
- Documentation: Information sharing, storage, and maintenance.
- Helping Individuals with Substance Use Disorders: Exploring the culture, progression, and evolution of substance use disorders and treatment.