IBC Training Series: Essentials in Counseling
IBC is offering a training series designed for new (and more seasoned) professionals. The series will cover a wide variety of topics. The series is offered in its entirety or as individual sessions, so you are not obligated to attend all of the sessions.
This series can benefit a wide variety of helping professionals and is not just for counselors focused on substance use disorders. In attendance at previous sessions were: substance, developmental disability, and MH counselors; patient support staff, peer supports, criminal justice professionals, nursing staff, physicians, social workers, and teachers. Although the content is aimed toward professionals just starting out, any and all professionals are welcome who may want to brush up, expand, or explore their skills in a certain area. Click Read more for details.
Each session will be offered in the IBC office as well as through Zoom. Registration forms and payments will be accepted until noon the day prior to each training. Both the completed registration form and payment is required, as well as an email from IBC, before registration is complete.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Training completed.
- ASAM Guidelines and Treatment Planning: Training completed.
- Professional Boundaries: Establishing the professional relationship and avoiding dual relationships: Training completed
- Group Facilitation: Skills to lead, facilitate, and manage group conditions in different treatment environments.
March 5, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
March 22, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form
- Documentation: Information sharing, storage, and maintenance.
April 2, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
April 19, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form
- Helping Individuals with Substance Use Disorders: Exploring the culture, progression, and evolution of substance use disorders and treatment.
May 7, 2019 via Zoom. Registration Form
May 31, 2019 in the IBC office. Registration Form