Substance Use Counselor
Orchard Place is looking for a Substance Use Counselor to join our Substance Use Services team. Substance Use Counselors conduct formal assessments, determine appropriate levels of treatment and provide individual, group and family sessions.
Substance Use Counselors:
- Provide individual and group treatment services and individual case management for youth clients.
- Conduct evaluations/assessments to help determine client's clinical need.
- Facilitates substance use education classes.
- Maintains contact and communication with community resources to aid in client referrals and continuity of care.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, human services or related field and certified in Iowa as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) OR master's degree and licensed in Iowa as LMSW, LMHC, LMFT or LISW with experience in substance use treatment
- Passion for helping kids build the skills they need for brighter and stronger futures
- Knowledge of availability of viable resources within the community as an adjunct to treatment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply at https://www.orchardplace.org/get-involved/careers